Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Current Top 5...Breif Review of Run, Fatboy, Run

Hey. So, it was a sunday night and I felt like watching a movie. I chose to watch Run, Fatboy, Run. Now, was it really worth the time that I could have spent watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air?Laugh wise, yes. This movie has a ton of great laughs. It's from actor David Schwimmer, and is written by the genius Michael Ian Black. It stars Simon Pegg, probably most famous for Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz, although I hear his British sitcom, Spaced, is pretty amazing. It costars the gorgeous Thandie Newton and Hank "Apu" Azaria. It is a romantic comedy of a man who decides to run a marathon to get the girl he loves back. After he leaves his pregnat fiance at the alter, and she meets a guy named Wit, played by Azaria, and falls in love. He becomes a sluggish, unfit guy, and still loves his ex. He has a son, and, after picking him up one day, he sees that she has gotten with Wit. He goes out with him, and sees that he is a big health freak. He goes to a spin class and decides that he must run to get her back.

What was good. Well, first off, Dylan Moran is brilliant. He plays Dennis's best friend, and he has brilliant comic timing. That is probably the best part. The laughs are great. It's a good looking film, and I love when films are set in London. It's a good comedy, but not a great film. Eventually, it breaks down into such a predictable ending, that I can't completly recomend it. You will know where this is going half way through. It really took me out of the film. It overall is a basic romantic comedy, with a little bit of a different enviornment, and definetly has the style of Simon Pegg and Michael Ian Black, the two screenwriters. Everyone pulls in good performances, and Thandie Newton definitley is not harsh on the eyes, so, if you want a funny flick, go check out The Bank Job. Rent this, or stream it. I'm sorry to keep this review short, but I don't want to ruin this for everyone. Also, comedies are really hard to review, as the only thing that I can say is that it did make me laugh, so it worked as a comedy. As a film, not so much.

So, it is roughly a quarter of the way through the year, and I thought it would be fun to list my 1st quarter top 5. I haven't seen many good flicks, so, if I really like a movie, I will add it to the list. I will post a review of every flick I see, and then I will eventually have a top 10 in June.
1. Paranoid Park A-
2. My Blueberry Nights B+
3. The Bank Job B
4. Cassandra's Dream B
5. Be Kind Rewind B

Go see something good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews