Saturday, February 21, 2009

TRAILER: Funny People...

Sorry for the late post, but between a basketball game and a late night trip to the hookah lounge, I really didn't have much time. However, once I returned to the palace that is 4350, I had this little gem to come home to.



This is the first trailer for Judd Apatow's next film, Funny People. I am not the biggest fan of the whole Apatow crew, but for some reason, I just really love this trailer. There is something about seeing Adam Sandler really mix his great dramatic acting that he has grown through films like Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love, and also return back to his stand up roots. There is a lot more story than I thought would be revealed in this trailer, but for a guy who isn't a big fan, or really a fan at all, of Apatow's previous works, 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up, I needed more than just a regular trailer, and this one really works.

Here's the synopsis...

Over the past few years, writer/director Judd Apatow (The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up) has shown that nothing—not even losing your virginity or the miracle of childbirth—is sacred. About his third film behind the camera, he says, “I’m trying to make a very serious movie that is twice as funny as my other movies. Wish me luck!” Apatow directs Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen and Leslie Mann in Funny People, the story of a famous comedian who has a near-death experience. Adam Sandler, Eric Bana, Jason Schwartzman, RZA and newcomer Aubrey Plaza join a cast that reunites Judd Apatow with Seth Rogen, Leslie Mann and Jonah Hill in their third comedy together.

What are your thoughts?

Go see something good!

2 comments:

  1. that trailer completely did it for me. i remember hearing about the movie, and having sandler in it.. and to be honest, though i really like his acting, i was a little leery. --and to know the judd is directing it gives me relief because i've really enjoyed all his movies. i'm going to see this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see Sandler in a part that seems a little more serious than a lot of the junk he's done recently. I liked 40 Year Old Virgin a lot, and it looks like Funny People might actually have the potential to surpass it.

    ReplyDelete

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews