Monday, May 11, 2009

NEWS: Inglourious Basterds Prequel?

One of my most anticipated films coming up this summer, happens to be Quentin Tarantino's new film, Inglourious Basterds. Not only is the cast amazing, spearheaded by Brad Pitt, but it's a Tarantino film, so of course I'm going to look forward to it.

From Resivior Dogs to Death Proof, Tarantino has yet to make a bad film, and his sophomore film, Pulp Fiction, is my favorite film of all time.

However, what had me worried when the film was originally announced was how it would work, and how much this film had changed since he first began to work on it, during the production of Pulp Fiction. That said, when I got my hands on the script, all of my worries were wiped away.

Not only is the films script stunningly well written, but there is ample backstory for each of the characters. Well, that backstory may be set to get it's full telling.

“I have a half-written prequel ready to go if this movie’s a smash,” Tarantino tells the New York Times.

Well, to me, this is great news. I loved all of the characters, particularly Eli Roth's, and there is more than enough story in the lives of each of these people that they could do 8 separate films.

However, Tarantino is famous for talking about projects and then bailing on them, so I will keep you all updated on this project as more news comes out.

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews