Tuesday, May 5, 2009

NEWS: Stuff I Missed...

So, I'm moving into a new house, and in that move means two things. First, it means that I have little to no time to spend on the internet, until the evening. Second, if I had any time, I couldn't be on the web, as I do not currently have internet at my new casa. However, I do have free internet, for at least 30 minutes, and in that time, I can bring you this. Here are the headlines I missed in my move...

- According to the man himself, Robert Rodriguez's Barbarella remake is officially off of the books...

- Thanks to SummerSlumberParty co-creator and friend of mine, Terry Rayment for the heads up that the famous television series, 21 Jumpstreet, which originally starred Johnny Depp, is set to be brought to the big screen with a screenplay penned by Jonah Hill. That's right, when I think 80's TV, I think Jonah Hill...

- As opposed to a rumor I posted yesterday, The Rock will NOT be playing Captain Nemo in McG's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea adaptation...

- In the DUH department, Hugh Jackman is OFFICIALLY working on the next Wolverine film...

- The Onion has a video up saying that Star Trek fans are angry that the new J.J. Abrams Star Trek film is action packed and watchable, instead of corny and ridiculous like most of the series...

- Guillermo del Toro is in talks to produce commercial director Andres Muschietti's first film, Mama, a horror flick for Universal...

- David Slade, the day after /Film unearthed some really interesting comments made by him on the subject of Twilight, has since repudiated those statements, in an e-mail found by Twilight Lexicon...

- Fox has already secured a second season of Cleveland, the Family Guy spin-off...

- The first English language trailer for Miyasaki's Ponyo will be released over the July 4th weekend, probably before Ice Age 3...

- In more David Slade news, Shock has the first poster for his upcoming thriller, Cold Skin...

- Sorry in advance for the upcoming all caps..

FOX HAS RENEWED FRINGE FOR A SECOND SEASON WITH A 22 EPISODE ORDER!!!!!!!

- Finally, Terminator Salvation tickets are available for purchase as of yesterday...

Come back later for more news and notes...

Go see something good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews