Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Box Office..New Releases...

Here is your weekend box office numbers for the weekend of Friday the 2nd of May...

1.Iron Man
2.Made of Honor
3.Baby Mama
4.Forgetting Sarah Marshall
5.Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay
6.The Forbidden Kingdom
7.Nim's Island
8.Prom Night
9.21
10.88 Minutes

Iron Man made roughly 104.3 Million dollars this weekend...second biggest opening EVER. And you know what, this time we were all right. The movie is fucking phenominal. I would review it, but it's like Superman for me...it's something that I geek out to... I can review it, but I think it would be more fun if you all posted your thoughts about it, as most of you saw the thing. But I will say a few things. Robert Downey Jr. is the best comedic actor working today. Hell, he's top ten actors overall for me, and he was born to play this role. Favreu knows how to use special effects, and I was really emotionally into the entire film. The first and final acts lagged a wee bit, but nothing to big. You all saw this, so I will just stop there. What did you all think of it???

Here are the notable dvd releases for this tuesday...

-First Sunday...moving on...
-Over Here Dead Body...continuing on...
-P.S. I Love You...really guys?..
-Teeth...I am not going to say a word about this...just check out the IMDB page on it...what a premise!

PICK OF THE WEEK!!!

~I'M NOT THERE~
Todd Haynes' amazing biopic-esque film on Bob Dylan featuring six actors including Cate Blanchett and the late Heath Ledger. This was probably my fifth favorite film from last year, and this is one that you should definitley check out. I went in blind to it, or at least for the most part. I put my Dylan knowledge at like a five out of ten, so this is coming from a sheer cinematic standpoint. The film was stunning, and features four really great performances. The only hinderence to it were the Richard Gere and Christian Bale performances. While fine performances, they just didn't really work that well.

Now, the new releases for theatres are really slim, so here are just a couple of things about them. We have Redbelt, a Mixed Martial Arts film from David Mamet, What Happens in Vegas, a comedy that looks like pure drek, but then we have the sure to be so-bad-it's-good-classic, Speed Racer. So, make your own choice. I'll be at Speed Racer in IMAX, so expect a review of that on Saturday. Oh, and a full Iron Man review WILL be on here tomorow. I keep postponing it, so this is the last time, I promise. A review WILL be up tomorow afternoon.

In the meantime, go see something good!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews