Wednesday, November 11, 2009

TRAILER: Kick-Ass...


Finally! Today, Lionsgate finally released the first teaser for Matthew Vaughn’s adaptation of the renowned Mark Millar comic book Kick-Ass. Having not only read the script, but I, like many of you I hope, had a chance to see the bootlegged version of the ComiCon trailer for this film. The film, which was produced purely through independent sources, and was beyond a hit when the afformentioned ComiCon footage, and then some, played during the event.

However, the new trailer leaves me, wanting more. Personally, knowing that this was released through the films website, has me wondering why it was a green band trailer, instead of a more viral, at least red band trailer, similar to the one shown at the Con. I think the trailer itself works as a whole, but having seen all of this other footage, it really has me wondering how marketable this film truly is. Here’s my point. This trailer, while fine, makes it seem almost like a Wanted-style spoof film, instead of the truly kick-ass film that the script and footage have proven that it is. I know this film is getting released, but I just hope that the upcoming promotional material, much like the amazing teaser posters, will make this a bigger hit than I think it’s going to be.

That said, I do like the trailer, for what it is. The opening is fun and a great kick in the face, and sets the tone for what you really should expect. I love the cast, and the use of Hit Girl in the trailer is as much as one could expect. That said, one should expect a whole lot more violence and almost comically so. This has the potential to be a massive hit, and as test screening buzz will have you think, the best comic book film ever made. Hope it lives up to it.


Kick-Ass

Trailer Park | MySpace Video


Here's the stories synopsis:

As any good superhero would, he chooses a new name — Kick-Ass — assembles a suit and mask to wear, and gets to work fighting crime. There’s only one problem standing in his way: Kick-Ass has absolutely no superpowers. His life is forever changed as he inspires a subculture of copy cats, is hunted by assorted violent and unpleasant characters, and meets up with a pair of crazed vigilantes, including an 11-year-old sword-wielding dynamo, Hit Girl (Chloë Moretz) and her father, Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage).

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews