Thursday, November 5, 2009

TRAILER: Salt...


I'm currently sitting in my News Reporting II class, and instead of listening to a boring lecture on AP style (of which I know my fair share about), I am about to dig into the screenplay for the upcoming spy actioner, Salt. What spurned this drive to read this long released screenplay? Well, a little trailer released yesturday definitely helped that.

On Wednesday, Sony released the teaser trailer for their upcoming film, Salt, which stars Angelina Jolie, and is directed by Phillip Noyce. The film, due out next July, sees Jolie as almost the female Jason Bourne, which is an interesting concept. We have seen Jolie do action, I mean, she starred in Wanted for Christ's sake. However, there are a few shots in here, particularly that last wall jump, that come off as really almost laughable. Sure, it looks quite badass, and Jolie is the opposite of hard on the eyes, so visually I'm interested, especially with Noyce at the helm, but I feel like this type of movie has been done before. That said, the film looks like a perfect fit for it's July release, and is a script I'm excited to get through



Salt is directed by veteran Australian filmmaker Phillip Noyce, of Echoes of Paradise, Dead Calm, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Saint, The Bone Collector, and Catch a Fire previously. The script was co-written by Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium, Street Kings, Law Abiding Citizen) and Brian Helgeland (L.A. Confidential, Conspiracy Theory, The Postman, Mystic River, Man on Fire, Taking of Pelham 123, Green Zone, Robin Hood). Sony is bringing Salt to theaters everywhere on July 23rd, 2010 next summer.

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews