Tuesday, June 3, 2008

AFI's top 100 Movie Posters...some notes...

So, in honor of this boring ass day, I decided to just search, well, stumble, through the caves of wonder that we call the internet, and in my search, I fell onto this brilliant diamond in the rough...

http://www.moviegoods.com/afi_top100a.asp?affiliateID=41&adID=12266

This is a link to the list of AFI's top 100 Greatest Movie Posters of All Time...

Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I am a really big fan of marketing, and especially movie posters. Most of these are older posters, more classic films, so most of these I haven't seen. However, they do have some of my faves on there. That said, they don't have my favorite, and I'm sure they don't have yours, so heres the question...

What is YOUR favorite movie poster ever made???

I have a few, but here's my favorite right now...


It's from a great Sam Peckinpaw film called Straw Dogs, and this poster kicks ass...That stark black and white...the stare on Hoffman's face...the sheer intensity of the shot is so damn good...

What's your favorite?


All that said, there are a couple of small pieces of news to note...

-The Simpson's cast just signed a four year deal...does anyone still watch this show?
-Thanks to comingsoon for this piece of info....


Lionsgate announced today that it has acquired U.S. and Canadian distribution rights to Transporter 3. Jason Statham returns as iconic action hero Frank Martin in the third installment of the EuropaCorp-produced series. The announcement was made today by Lionsgate’s Jason Constantine, head of Acquisitions and Co-Productions, and Tom Ortenberg, President, Theatrical Films.

Olivier Megaton directs from a script written by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen. The movie is produced by EuropaCorp, TF1 Films Productions, Grive Productions and Apipoulai Production, in association with Current Entertainment. Besson produces for EuropaCorp. Lionsgate will release the film at Thanksgiving, on November 26, 2008. The film will be distributed in Canada by Maple Pictures.



Transporter 3?!?!?!? I loved the first two, but another one is not needed...Luc Besson IS helping to write it...so I'll give it a shot...

-Alfred Molina has joined the cast of Prince of Persia...
-And finally, the team that wrote Iron Man has gotten the rights to adapt the Robert Ludlum (Bourne Series) novel, The Sigma Protocol...can't wait...



Alright guys...go rent something good for this rather rainy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews