Sunday, June 22, 2008

Box Office...New Releases...Top 10 Anticipated films for the rest of the year...

Hey guys! I have a lot to talk about today, so lets just get into it with the box office stats from this past weekend...

1.Get Smart
2.Kung Fu Panda
3.The Incredible Hulk
4.The Love Guru
5.The Happening
6.Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
7.You Don't Mess With the Zohan
8.Sex and the City
9.Iron Man
10.The Strangers

Get Smart made only 40 million bucks...this was one of the slower weekends of this summer...Love Guru BOMBED with 14 million bucks...thank you all for not seeing it...Kung Fu Panda is still number two...it's a good movie, and so is the Incredible Hulk...

Here are the upcoming, noteable, DVD releases....

~ 10,000 B.C. - Skip it...go see Independence Day...
~ Definitley, Maybe - Saw the trailer for this again the other day, and I must say, I'm kind of interested...rent it with a loved one and you'll have a good ol' time...
~ The Spiderwick Chronicles - Go see Neverending Story...
~ Charlie Bartlett - Rent this, if only for Robert Downey Jr's amazing performance...and Kat Dennings is kind of foxy...Rent Charlie Bartlett, and BUY Rushmore...
~ Persepolis - Please, go see this flick, it's a heartwarming story, and the animation is so fun to watch. Read my review of it, and then go from there...

~DVD PICK OF THE WEEK~
In Bruges

I'm not going to say much, because I want everyone to see this movie. Say you have a blender, and you take Pulp Fiction and Lock Stock, and then lower the quality a little bit, and then you get In Bruges. It's a great movie that I actually just saw this afternoon, and it comes out this tuesday, so check it out. It stars Colin Farrel, Brendan Gleeson, and Ralph Finnes and comes to you from a great playwright, Martin McDonagh. Give it a shot...

New Theatrical Releases...
This week we have Wall-E and Wanted. Family film vs. balls out action movie. However, I am not sure what I will have for you this weekend in terms of a review. Wall-E looks to be the better film, and one of the better ones this entire year, but I may go out to see Wanted, just because early reviews of it have been amazing. Doesn't look like it will be good, but it may be a better review for when I come back from my vacation this weekend. So, you can expect a review of either Wall-E or Wanted on Sunday...go see both of them...

Okay, so I just did my top 10 films so far this year, and here is my top 10 most anticipated films coming out from July 1st, to the end of the year...



10. The Brother's Bloom
9. Milk
8. The Changeling
7. The Dark Knight/Gotham Knight
6. The Spirit
5. Tropic Thunder
4. Blindness
3. W
2. Burn After Reading
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


That's all for now...come back tomorow for more news and a top 10!

Go see something good!!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to pick up a copy of Spider-Wick. Refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews