Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WTF?: Three Stooges Casting...

I don't really even know what to say after hearing this. I'll let /Film do it...

Casting is finally being announced for the Farrelly Brothers‘ The Three Stooges, and the only real surprise is that Jim Carrey is in talks to play Curly. Carrey is planning to gain 40 pounds for the role so that he can more closely match the physical look of Jerome “Curly” Howard. Sean Penn is set to play Larry, and Benicio Del Toro is currently in talks to play Moe, but both of those names have been reported on the site previously. Even Jim Carrey had been rumored to be involved at some previous point of time. The movie is not a biopic, but a comedy that follows the antics of the trio. I’ve heard the script is split into four chapters and is kinda episodic, with the trio breaking up and going their own separate ways.

So, here it is. Carrey, Penn, and Del Toro are set to take on the roles of Culrly, Larry, and Moe respectivley. Not a biopic, the film will simply follow the trio. I think this could kinda work, but while I think he's a great actor, I don't think Del Toro really fits. That's just me. The cast works, it's just a wierd mix.

What do YOU think?

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews