Monday, July 14, 2008

3 DVD's To Rent This Week...

Hey guys! Now, today is a slow news day, so, I decided to try something out. Along with my top 10 this week, which the topic is still up in the air btw!, I will try to tie in 3 DVD's that you all should rent each week in relation to a big release for that week, or maybe just a film I've seen, and have been horribly overlooked since their release. So, here are your three films that you need to run out and rent this week...

- The Machinist -
This may be one of the best roles that Bruce Wayne, aka Christian Bale, has ever done. He was an indie darling before his turn as the caped crusader, and this is one of the reasons why. He plays a "machinist" (factory worker), who suffers from a YEAR LONG case of Insomnia, and this film is about his battles with that and the tricks the lack of sleep plays on his mind. He did this right before Batman Begins, and when you see it, you will see why his body has still not recovered from his sudden and huge weight gain that was necessary to go from the 110 pound stick of Trevor Reznick, to the buff as hell Dark Knight. Brilliant film, and one that you need to see before the Dark Knight.

8.5/10

- Equilibrium -
A really solid, Matrix-esque action thriller, starring Christian Bale, again, in another under seen, underappreciated role as a man who lives in a world, and enforces this rule, where it is illegal to feel. Solid story, great visuals, and an amazing performance from Bale.

8/10

- The Tracy Fragments/Paprika -
The two flicks have been reviewed by me recently, and have both been in my mind since, especially Paprika. Please, go read my reviews, rent the films, and let me know what you think. I really would like to hear what you think!

The Tracy Fragments (7.5/10)
Paprika (8/10)

I've got so many more, so if you see any of these, please let me know, and I will steer you in the direction of some other great films.

Go see something good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews