Tuesday, December 23, 2008

AWARDS: My '09 Golden Globe Predictions...

Hello all! Now, while I haven't seen ALL of the films nominated for a few of these, as I live in the cinematic b.f.e. known as West Michigan, there is NO news for today, and most likely for the rest of the year, so here are my predictions for the upcoming Golden Globes. Check the parenthesis for who I think should, and who I think will win each respective category...



Best Motion Picture - Drama
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
The Reader
Revolutionary Road (Should, or it's the one I'm most anticipating)
Slumdog Millionaire (Will win)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married (should and I believe will win)
Angelina Jolie - Changeling
Meryl Streep - Doubt
Kristin Scott Thomas - I’ve Loved You So Long (Il Y A Longtemps Que Je T’Aime)
Kate Winslet - Revolutionary Road

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Leonardo Dicaprio - Revolutionary Road
Frank Langella - Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn - Milk (Should)
Brad Pitt - The Curious Case of Benjamin BUtton
Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler (Will, and probably should, I just haven't seen it)

Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Burn After Reading
Happy-Go-Lucky
In Bruges
Mamma Mia!
Vicky Cristina Barcelona (Should and will)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Rebecca Hall - Vicky Cristina Barcelona (should)
Sally Hawkins - Happy-Go-Lucky (will)
Frances McDorman - Burn After Reading
Meryl Streep - Mamma Mia!
Emma Thompson - Last Chance Harvey

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Javier Bardem - Vicky Cristina Barcelona (should)
Colin Farrell - In Bruges
James Franco - Pineapple Express
Brendan Gleeson - In Bruges
Dustin Hoffman - Last Chance Harvey (Will)

Best Animated Film
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E (Will and should)

Best Foreign Language Film
The Baader Meinhof Complex
Everlasting Moments
Gomorrah (will and should)
I’ve Loved You so Long
Waltz with Bashir

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Amy Adams - Doubt
Penelope Cruz - Vicky Cristina Barcelona (will and should)
Viola Davis - Doubt
Marisa Tomei - The Wrestler
Kate Winslet - The Reader

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Tom Cruise - Tropic Thunder
Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder
Ralph Fiennes - The Duchess
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Doubt
Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight (will and should)

Best Director - Motion Picture
Danny Boyle - Slumdog Millionaire (will)
Stephen Daldry - The Reader
David Fincher - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (should)
Ron Howard - Frost/Nixon
Sam Mendes - Revolutionary Road

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Simon Beaufoy - Slumdog Millionaire
David Hare - The Reader
Peter Morgan - Frost/Nixon
Eric Roth - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (will and should)
John Patrick Shanley - Doubt

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Alexandre Desplat - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Clint Eastwood - Changeling
James Newton Howard - Defiance
A. R. Rahman - Slumdog Millionaire
Hans Zimmer - Frost/Nixon

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
“Down to Earth” - Wall-E
“Gran Torino” - Gran Torino
“I Thought I Lost You” - Bolt
“Once in a Lifetime” - Cadillac Records
“The Wrestler” - The Wrestler (Will and should)


What do you guys think?? I have to set a little side note about this list, as I mentioned above, I haven't gotten a chance, and most of the people in the country haven't had a chance to see many of these films, so here are a few of the films I have yet to see...My top 5 regrets of 2008

5. The Reader
4. Happy Go Lucky
3. Let the Right One In
2. Revolutionary Road
1. The Wrestler

So in my constant attempt to give you all as much content as possible, I will be over the next week giving you all my year end wrap up. Tomorrow will be my Most Anticipated of '09, Thursday will be a review of Ben Button and my ranking of EVERY film I've seen in '08, and then Friday will be my year end awards, with a review, most likely, of Doubt.

Come back later for all of that and maybe some news...

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews