Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TOP 10: Epic Films...

Hello all! So, this past week, or maybe a few weeks ago, the newest film from director/genius Steven Soderbergh was released. Che, a biopic on the life of Che Guevara, stars Benicio Del Toro as the man himself. Now, unlike a previous film about him, The Motorcycle Diaries (brilliant, by the way, and one hell of a score), Che has not only an epic feel, but an epic length, as the running time clocks in at right under 4 1/2 hours. Now, I'm a fan of films, no matter the length. However, I'm here to honor, not the longest of films, but the most grandiose and epic of them. Here are the 10 best Epics...

10. There Will Be Blood (for a more modern feel to the epic film)
9. Dr. Zhivago
8. Spartacus/Paths of Glory
7. Gandhi
6. Schindler's List
5. Gone With The Wind
4. Seven Samurai
3. Godfather Part 1 & 2
2. Lawrence of Arabia
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey

Next week I will have my year end blowout, and then the following Tuesday, I will have the ranking of EVERY film I've seen in 2008...All 80 of them...

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews