Wednesday, December 17, 2008

NEWS: MORE Batman 3 Bullsh**

Okay, now the proverbial shit has hit the fan. The European newspaper, The Sun is now reporting that Eddie Murphy and Shia Lebouf have officially been cast in the sequel to this year's hit, The Dark Knight, as The Riddler and Robin respectively. Peter Sciretta over at /film put it best, "it looks like the rumor mongers aren't even putting an effort into these things anymore." Honestly guys?

Truthfully, I HOPE that Christopher Nolan doesn't come back to the franchise. All of this casting bull has really left a sour taste in my mouth, and I pray that the people at Warner Brothers don't force another film down his throat, and it looks like they aren't. To me, and a friend of mine said this last night at a poker game, there's really nowhere that Nolan can go with one film to really make an impact on the overall franchise. Do I want' the films to continue, most definitely, but with a guy as brilliant as Christopher Nolan and a group of actors and crew as great as the one they've got for this thing, I think it's time for them all to move on and do other work. Now, Bale WILL be back for a third film, but this is where my question to you all comes in...

I was watching an episode of the great TV series, The Directors, on Reelz Channel, about the work of the brilliant filmmaker, Darren Aronofsky. At one point and time, right before he went into pre production on The Fountain, he was set to take on the Dark Knight, in Batman: Year One. However, that fell through, and he went on to make a vastly superior film to both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, in the Fountain, and the rest is history, but that brings me to my question. Of all of the film makers working today, who would YOU like to see take the reigns of this franchise for a third film. My personal pick is Frank Darabont, the writer/director behind The Shawshank Redemption. I would say Aronofsky, but he's been working on Robocop and I hope he pushes EVERYTHING aside for his 4 hour Noah's Ark Epic, so, who would YOU guys like to take the helm?

Come back later for more news and notes!

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews