Tuesday, April 14, 2009

NEWS: Duncan Jones Feels Like Doing Blade Runner...

Not EXACTLY Blade Runner, but a Blade Runner-esque Sci-Fi Mystery story is in the cards for Mr. Jones' next project. Here is what he had to say in a recent Popular Mechanics interview.

"It looks like I'm going to be doing another science-fiction film next. I love Blade Runner, it's one of my favorite films, and I've always been really… depressed that there was never—not a sequel, because I don't think it's right to make a sequel about Blade Runner, but no one's really tried to make a film which was set in the same kind of world or had that same kind of feel. So that's what I'm doing, a big-city mystery story that takes place in a future Berlin."

All I know is that early reviews out of Sundance for Moon have been more than good for his new film, Moon, and knowing that he can handle a sci-fi film of that style, makes me think that he can pretty much do no wrong. I love me some good science fiction, so if someone can give that genre a big reboot (ever since Battlestar Galactica went off the air), it's pefect news in my eyes.

What do you think?

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews