Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TRAILER: The Wolfman...


So, I'm currently enrolled in a Film Cultures class, out here at Grand Valley State University.

Whilst the class itself is rather boring and light on content (at least for a kid like me), I do get a chance to re-visit a bunch of classic horror films. One of those happens to be the classic Wolfman. I'm not the biggest fan of the film, but it is indeed a classic with a ton of merits, but of any horror film that should be remade, or has some sort of merit for a remake, it's The Wolfman.

Well, with the help of Joe Johnston, who is working on the upcoming Captain America film, it looks as though not only has the film been remade, but been remade to a really high quality.

Below, the second trailer has been embeded, and I must say, it works on all accounts. The best aspect of this film is the distinct sense of mystery, an aspect of the story that I don't think truly worked in the first take of the film. It came out of Universal along with Dracula and Frankenstein, and I think those two films, particularly the latter, works far better. However, not only do the effects look great, but the cast looks amazing, particularly Benicio Del Toro as the lead. I love the original trailer, I just love this one even more.

Also, am I the only one who finds this to not only be a great vote of confidence for The Wolfman, but also a perfect vote of confidence for Captain America? Johnston looks to have a great sense of era and mood, and along with effects that we all know Marvel can pump out, I think we have a huge hit on our hands. Could just be me though.

What do YOU think?

Enjoy!



Lawrence Talbot, a haunted nobleman, is lured back to his family estate after his brother vanishes. Upon his return and after being reunited with his estranged father, Talbot is bitten and cursed by a werewolf.

The Wolfman is directed by visual effects Oscar winner Joe Johnston, of Honey I Shrunk the Kids, The Rocketeer, Jumanji, October Sky, Jurassic Park III, and Hidalgo previously. The screenplay was co-written by Andrew Kevin Walker (Se7en, 8MM, Sleepy Hollow) and David Self (The Haunting, Thirteen Days, Road to Perdition). Universal will be bringing The Wolfman to theaters on February 12th, 2010 early next year.


Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews