Tuesday, January 13, 2009

FORUM: Handicap The Oscars...




So, an interesting little article was written up on /Film today, that has me thinking. Did you know that over the last 20 years, ONLY 55% of actors who have won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor have walked away with the naked gold dude come Feburary. Oh, and it doesn't bode well for Mr. Joker, that it has been over 30 years since the one and only time an actor won an award poshumously, when Peter Finch did so for Network. However, I'm still leaning his way.

Oh, and I find it interesting that people are still giving Benji Button a fighting chance come Oscar time. Sure, Slumdog is a hugely international film, and swept at an awards show voted on by the Hollywood Foreign Press, but I just think it's Slumdog's year. I hope I"m wrong, and a lot can happen in over a month. I'm team "7. But I look a lot older" all the way though. Go Benji!

This is where you come in. Do you think Ledger will get his much deserved award? Who will be up for the big award, Best Picture?

I saw the Reader today, so expect a review of that tomorrow!

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews