Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NEWS: Mickey At Wresltemania???

Alright, as I stated in my review of The Wrestler (one hell of a piece of writing if I do say so myself), I stated that I'm a closet wrestling fan. Therefore, this news is quite stellar to me. Thanks to Yahoo! Movies for the reinforcement of what I thought was simply a rumor started up by Mickey Rourke...

Listen up wrestlin' fans: actor Mickey Rourke says he's ready to rumble with WWE superstar Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania 25 in Reliant Stadium on April 5.

Rourke portrays professional wrestler Randy the Ram in the acclaimed movie " The Wrestler ."

He's signed to wrestle Jericho, for real.

He made a surprise announcement Sunday night on the red carpet before the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles.

He said he was pleased by the acceptance of the movie by all the WWE wrestlers — except Jericho.

Then Rourke said he was going to toss Jericho "around the ring like tossed salad."

Meanwhile, Jericho, appearing on WWE television, said, Rourke was out of line and that he was offended by Rourke's comments. He said Rourke made "a mistake."

Stay tuned.


Most of you may be saying, what the hell is Rourke doing. He's an actor, not an athlete. I say ha to you all. Rourke, while he was in the toilet, he began training as a boxer, and even participated in a couple of bouts. He's got the chops, and I couldn't be more excited as a wrestling fan. WWE has been known to go over the top for their tent pole pay per view, Wrestlemania, and this isn't out of there wheelhouse. More on this as it comes.

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews