Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TRAILER/POSTER: The House of The Devil...



So anytime there is a badass retro style poster, I love to give it a little shout out over here at I Are Movies. However, mos tof the time, the film itself doesn't really live up to the poster (Hell Ride I'm looking at you). So when the film is as AMAZING, if not more so than the poster, I love to feature it hear, so everyone gets a bit of time to lookout for it.

That is the case with The House of The Devil. Released by indie darling Magnet/Magnolia, this film looks truly great, and a perfect addition to that companies recent releases, like Timecrimes, Let The Right One In and the upcoming Bronson. Here's the synopsis:

“In the 1980s, college student Samantha Hughes takes a strange babysitting job that coincides with a full lunar eclipse. She slowly realizes her clients harbor a terrifying secret; they plan to use her in a satanic ritual. ”

Here's the trailer (Poster and trailer via Vulture by way of /Film):



I LOVE this trailer. It looks very moody and sure it starts a bit slow, but that finish looks so intense, that this is one that I can't wait to get my hands on when it hits XBOX Live on October 1st, before being unleashed the day before Halloween in theaters.

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews