Monday, November 10, 2008

NEWS: 28 Months Later, Wonder Woman, and Jonah Hex


Hey guys! It's pretty early in the day, but already I've got some huge news to let you all in on...here are your headlines!

- First off, when Quantum of Solace gets released will we be treated to the 22nd film in the James Bond franchise, but we will also be seeing a brand new trailer from the upcoming graphic novel adaptation, Watchmen! Here's what Zack Snyder had to say to Dark Horizons...

The second however is on its way, attached to "Quantum of Solace" in theaters next Friday. Snyder says "I just saw the final version of it this morning... it's a little bit more story, a teeny bit more like a full trailer. This is much more like 'someone's picking off costume heroes'. You'll get a sense of the characters plight you know, 'we were supposed to make the world a better place... what happened to the American Dream'." Some elements have had to be changed for the trailer, most notably Dr. Manhattan's exposed genitals have had to be 'defocused' to be granted approval by the MPAA. He also confirms a third trailer will hit early in the new year.

Now, there has been much talk about the ending as early screenings have been both amazing in fan response, and a little disheartening as to the possibly "different" ending...here's another snippet from that interview...

“The one thing that was cool was that anyone who had read the graphic novel who was at the screening rated the film ‘excellent’, for me I’m like ‘I’m done’.”

That is all I needed to hear. I'm up to chapter 7 in the novel now, and I think this is one film that will hopefully blow the doors off the stuffy saloon that is the comic book film genre...

- It looks as though Beyonce is in search of a superhero role, and has her gorgeous eyes set on non other than Wonder Woman. IESB is also reporting that Warner Brothers/DC is in the search of a director, and has their eyes set on Terminator Salvation and Charlies Angels director, McG...

I officially don't care about that film if it gets made...what about you?

- Batman, Turkey...Yes, there is a place in Turkey called Batman, is suing Christopher Nolan for using the name...True story...

- I guess the Mayan's were right, and currently in the works is a new film called Not Another Not Another Movie, a spoof film, spoofing spoof films...

- It looks as though Danny Boyle *MAY POSSIBLY* be interested in helming the upcoming sequel in his 28 franchise, 28 Months Later...thanks to /film for the info...

I’ve got an idea for it, so I can’t really tell you any more than that at the moment, but hopefully that might happen....I’d certainly like to…I feel the idea is quite a strong idea, and it could well involve directing it. Yeah, absolutely.

28 Days Later is a brilliant film, and vastly superior to the still solid, just inferior, 28 Weeks Later. I'm all for this, and if this does go through, this film will be near the top of my most anticipated list...

- Finally, Josh Brolin is out as Jonah Hex in the upcoming adaptation helmed by Mark Nevildine and Brian Taylor...

Come back later for more news and notes!

Go see something good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews