Thursday, November 20, 2008

NEWS: Jonah Hex Has Lost It's Directors...


Hey guys! Tonight is my screening of Australia and while there's not much outside of that that is newsworthy, one thing in particular has caught my attention, and not in a good way.

It appears as though the insane duo of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, most famous for helming Crank and writing/producing the Milo Ventimiglia starrer, Pathology, have left their project, Jonah Hex. Variety has the scoop...

Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor have dropped out as the directors of "Jonah Hex," the DC Comics property that is expected to headline "W." and "Milk" star Josh Brolin as a partly disfigured gunslinger and bounty hunter.
Neveldine and Taylor wrote the script, but their exit as directors was attributed to "creative differences." The studio is moving quickly to set a new director, determined to keep Brolin in the fold for a spring start. Neveldine and Taylor are best known for writing and directing the Jason Statham starrer "Crank."

"Jonah Hex" is produced by Andrew Lazar's Mad Chance and Akiva Goldsman's Weed Road.


Well that sucks. I had a ton of interest in seeing this film, simply to see how Brolin will work with the duo, and how their style would carry over into this crazy western. However, they are now gone, and so are my hopes for the film. I love Brolin like a child, so I'll still end up seeing the film, but my interest is now nullified. What are your thoughts?

Come back later for my review of Australia and some news, if anything comes up...

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews