Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NEWS: Where The Wild Things Are Update...

So, in the midst of the horrible news coming out of Oscarville, saying my favorite doc of the year, Religulous, would not be up for contention, or even in thop 15 for that matter, comes some really good news! Aint It Cool News got a chance to sit down with the director of the much talked about and much problematic film, Where The Wild Things Are, Spike Jonze, and much of the news has me really excited about this film, which if set to be released on October 16, 2009, as it is now, will be my second most anticipated film of next year. Here's the major points...

When asked where the film was at right now...

"We just locked picture about three weeks ago, and we'll probably finish all the effects by, like, May or so. Then we mix in May and we have our dates in October, so..."

When asked who is scoring the film, and this is huge, at least for me...

"Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. She did some of the score and is doing some of the score. Her and Carter Burwell are sort of doing it together."

This is HUGE. I love Karen O, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are up in my ten favorite bands right now, and her involvement has me really excited.

On the much talked about problems with the studio...

"And I think that's what freaked the studio out about the movie too. It wasn't a studio film for kids, or it wasn't a traditional film about kids. We didn't have like a Movie Kid in our movie, or a Movie Performance in a Movie Kid world. We had a real kid and a real world, and I think that's sort of where our problem was. In the end they realized the movie is what it is, and there's no real way to... it's sort of like they were expecting a boy and I gave birth to a girl. So they just needed their time to sort that out and figure out how they were going to learn to love their new daughter."

On the look of the film

The Wild Things, since I haven't described them to you yet, each stand about eight feet high, it looks like, or at least the larger ones do. They're very, very close to the original Sendak drawings.

AWESOME.

Finally, the also sent AICN two new stills, which I have the pleasure of showing you all today...




READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE...

There you all have it. It looks like it is actually getting wrapped up and will HOPEFULLY be released come October 16, 2009.

Go see something good!

1 comment:

  1. I am VERY VERY excited for the Wild Things movie. Please post as much as you can--with pics!

    ReplyDelete

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews