Thursday, September 11, 2008

NEWS: Iron Man 2, Soderbergh, and a Clock Tower film?

Hey guys! I know it's a little late, but here are today's headlines...

- The guys over at the great site, CHUD, had an interview with director John Favreu, and in between talks of the upcoming Iron Man DVD, he had mentioned the following points. Thanks to The Movie Blog for breaking these down...


1) He, Justin Theroux and Robert Downey Jr. are working hard already on the script

2) War Machine will be in Iron Man 2

3) Happy Hogan will get more screen time (CONFESSION: I don’t know who that is)

4) It’s going to be a trilogy

5) The Mandarin will be the main arching villain of the trilogy

6) Regarding The Avengers, Favreau sees how Captain America and Hulk fit into Iron Man’s universe, but not Thor (I agree)

7) Doesn’t want to go The Dark Knight route. He wants to keep it simple and fun

8) Says the action and battles will be much better than the first movie… he’s learning action


Okay, so there's nothing really shocking in here, but what is interesting is number 6 and 7. I have to sort of agree with Mr. Favreu that Thor really doesn't fit in the Universe. I mean, set the film in Asgard for a while, and have the final battle in the Thor film on Earth, and then set up the Avengers in the same way as in Hulk and Iron Man, but it doesn't really fit. Of all of Marvel's slated films, this could be the weak link. Also, with number 7, I couldn't me more happy. With all of the hype over the Dark Knight, there has been a huge shift in how superhero films are going to be created, and in a few of the instances, this shouldn't be the case. Summer films are meant to be fun and while Iron Man deals with substance abuse, depression and a lot of mental problems, they can deal with it and still make the film ultimately fun. I don't necessarily agree with them doing that, but I haven't seen anything, and until Favreu messes this franchise up, he gets the benefit of the doubt, at least from me. Also, Mandarin being the main villain should be no surprise to anyone...

He also wants to shoot some scenes in IMAX, and there have actually been talks to put the film in 3-D...

What are your thoughts on this news???

I've seen a couple of things from the DVD and it really looks great. I have to see this flick again. I've been checking out some photos from the film, and I forgot just how great it looked. It comes out on September 30th...

- Steven Soderbergh is set to helm a biopic based on the life of Liberace, with Michael Douglas set to star...
- Brittany Snow has signed on to play the lead in the upcoming adaptation of Clock Tower...
- Piranha's 3-D has been moved back to 2009...
- Finally, The Dark Knight will be getting an Oscar boost as it will be re released in IMAX sometime in January...

That's all I've got for now, so come back tomorrow for more news, notes, and hopefully a review of Burn After Reading. I will be seeing it sometime tomorrow afternoon, and should have a review up late that night or Saturday afternoon...

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews