Wednesday, September 24, 2008

NEWS: Shamhammer, Moby Dick, and Slackers...

Hey guys. Here are the days big headlines...

- Looks like M. Night Shamylan is thinking about a possible Unbreakable sequel...thanks to MTV for the info...

“I tell you I get asked about it all the time, so it’s not [an idea] I ever forget,” Shyamalan told MTV News. “I genuinely just asked this question the other day — should I make ‘Unbreakable 2’?”

“Every time I see [Shyamalan], he says, ‘I’ve written this thing for you,’ so I say, ‘why are you always doing these movies I’m not in?’” said Jackson.

According to both Shyamalan and Jackson, “Unbreakable” was originally intended to be a trilogy, but a series of bad reviews as well as fan and film critic misconception of Shyamalan’s work quickly tabled the idea of a possible franchise. As Jackson put it, “He was a victim of what Quentin [Tarrantino] was a victim of. ‘Jackie Brown’ is a great movie, but it’s not ‘Pulp Fiction 2.’ ‘Unbreakable’ is a great movie, but it’s not ‘I see f**king dead people.’”


Thoughts? Unbreakable was a solid film, and probably my favorite of his today. It's got a great story, and it's a superhero flick, so sequels can work...what do you think?
- Slacker Uprising, Michael Moore's new film, can be downloaded for free at this website...
- John Waters is indeed working on a Hairspray sequel...
- Timur Beckmambatov, helmer of action hits Nightwatch and this years Wanted, is set to get behind the camera for a new feature film adaptation of Moby Dick. However, it's going to be a "reimagining" with none other than the writing duo of the cinematic opus that was the Olsen Twin's New York Minute. They are changing Ahab's dialouge, and getting away with the Ishmal narration so that the whale "can fuck up way more shit". Thoughts?
- Finally, in sacred cow killing news, the lines, "Bond, James Bond", and "Shaken, not stirred", will not be uttered in the upcoming Bond film, Quantum of Solace. What do you guys think about this? Does it even matter?

Come back for more news and notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews