Wednesday, September 24, 2008

TRAILER: Notorious...

Today, the new teaser for the Notorious B.I.G. biopic, Notorious, was released by Fox Searchlight...check it out...



Thanks to /Film for the following...

Official Plot Synopsis: Notorious tells the story of the life of rapper Christopher Wallace a.k.a. The Notorious B.I.G. The film stars multiple award winner Angela Bassett as Christopher’s mother Voletta Wallace, Derek Luke as Sean Combs, Anthony Mackie as Tupac Shakur and introducing Jamal Woolard as The Notorious B.I.G. After the overwhelming response to a year long aggressive and active worldwide search, Jamal Woolard, a Brooklyn native, was selected to portray the infamous rapper. Notorious is directed by George Tillman Jr.

In just a few short years, The Notorious B.I.G. rose from the streets of Brooklyn to become one of the most influential hip hop artists of all time. B.I.G. was a gifted storyteller; his narratives about violent life on the streets were told with a gritty, objective realism that won him enormous respect and credibility. His stories were universal and gave a voice to his generation.


Wow...I don't think the film will be good at all, but I must say, the guy's life is insanley interesting. I like the actor they got to play him, and Anthony Mackie as Tupac is an inspired choice. The story is interesting, it looks and feels solid, but the trailer was what could be expected...fast editing, Biggie's music, some short shots of him and the people in his life. The guy is one of, if not the greatest rapper ever, and the story is just waiting to be told. Not one I'm anticipating, but one that's at least on my radar.

What are your thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews