Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Some News And Notes...

Hey guys! I just thought I would drop in this fine day, to let you all in on some rumblings I've been reading while skowering the thing we like to call the Internet...

- While a live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film is not in the works, a Live action/CG Hybrid film, ala Alvin and The Chipmunks, is indeed on its way...
- When asked who he would like to see in the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman if an adaptation of his legendary comic book, The Dark Knight Returns (one of the few graphic novels I've actually read, and for any person looking to get into Batman, THE quitensential piece of work), Frank Miller said the following...thanks to /film for the info...


“Just that mouth of his, the scowl and the way it would look in a mask. I loved Rocky Balboa. This wounded warrior, that’s what Batman is in Dark Knight Returns. “


STALLONE!?!?!? First, before I say anything, I would love to hear what you guys have to think about this...I mean, don't get me wrong, anyone who has read the book knows that Bruce Wayne in TDKR is not the same Brucy we all know and love. He's brooding, vicious, old, and battered down after the death of Jason Todd, aka the second Robin, and NO ONE does brooding and beaten better than Rocky himself. However, you also have to cast for Bruce Wayne, and I just couldn't buy it. Thats the thing thats different between heroes like Batman and Spiderman. With Spidy, you cast for only Peter Parker, but with the Bat, you have to cast for both Wayne and The Dark Knight, and Stallone doesn't fit, at least to me...what do you think? This IS NOT HAPPENING. It's complete talk, but it would be fun to see who you all would cast...

- Looks like Spielberg and Dreamworks are heading to court...thanks to Yahoo! for the info...

According to the lawsuit, filed by the Sheldon Abend Revocable Trust, the basis for Hitchcock’s 1954 film was “Murder from a Fixed Viewpoint,” a short story by Cornell Woolrich. Hitchcock and actor James Stewart obtained the motion picture rights to the story in 1953. The lawsuit argues that Dreamworks should have done the same.

“In the Disturbia film the defendants purposefully employed immaterial variations or transparent rephrasing to produce essentially the same story as the Rear Window story,” the lawsuit said. In reviewing “Disturbia,” the New York Times called it “a kind of adolescent ‘Rear Window.”‘ The Toronto Star newspaper called it “a rip off with wit.”


What are your thoughts?


That's all I've got for now...I just started The Fall, so I should have a review of that up in a couple of hours...

Go see something good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews