Thursday, September 4, 2008

News of the world...film world anyways...

Hey guys! Today is a big time news day, so here are your headlines...

- Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany are set to star in a film based on the life of Charles Darwin, called Creation. It is going to be written by John Collee and directed by Jon Amiel.
- In an interview with MTV, Aaron Eckhart confirmed that his character from The Dark Knight, Harvey Dent, will NOT be returning for Batman 3. Thanks to Cinematical for the heads up...

And lest you doubt that he knows the mind of Christopher Nolan, well, Eckhart asked him whether Two-Face would ever be coming back. "I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, "You're dead" before I could even get the question out of my mouth. 'Hey Chris, am I?' 'You're dead!' 'Alright, cool.'" There's no chance it will be rewritten or retconned, as he was never even contracted for a third film. "No, I'm not coming back. I think unfortunately, Heath [Ledger] was supposed to go on and that didn't work out. I'm nobody. I'm a cog. I have no say over this sort of stuff. I'm sure that there's so many other characters that they could whip together. I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman or something like that. I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one."


Does this affect what your thoughts of a potential and inevitable Dark Knight sequel are? Did you want to see him back, and who do you want to see now???
- David Fincher is currently batteling Paramount Pictures as to how long his final cut of Curious Case of Benjamin Button will be. Fincher want's to have final cut on this, however, Paramount wants a shorter cut.

Here's the trailer for Benjamin Button...


What are your thoughts on directors not being allowed to have final cuts? Should the studio have a say in how long or short a film is? Take Zack Snyder's potential 3 hour long cut of Watchmen for example. Should he be able to release it, or does the studio have a right to say something?

- Nicholas Cage has recently said that they are indeed working on a Ghost Rider 2 film...

That's all I've got for news today. So, come back tomorrow for some news and notes, a long with a possible review of Bangkok Dangerous...

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews