Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FIRST LOOK: Sylvain Chomet's Jaques Tati written The Illusionist


Yesterday, I posted my 15 most anticipated films for the rest of 2009. However, I think I may need to revise this list, as I completely forgot about this upcoming project from Sylvain Chomet, whose last feature length film is my favorite animated feature of all time, The Triplets of Belleville.

Yes, I know that there is not an announced release date, but it will be one of my most anticipated films every year, because of exactly the same reason why these photos are getting their own post here at I Are Movies. Not only are they STUNNING to look at (seriously some of the most amazing animation I have ever seen), but the pedigree behind it is monstrous.

Not only is Chomet directing the film, but the film is also based upon a never produced script of written by Jaques Tati! Here is the official synopsis:

“story of a dying breed of stage entertainer whose thunder is being stolen by emerging rock stars. Forced to accept increasingly obscure assignments in fringe theaters, garden parties and bars, he meets a young fan who changes his life forever”.

I know a lot of people have had problems with Chomet, as not only a film maker, but as a critic of Americans (often showing them as fat asses in Mickey Mouse ears), but he is easily one of my favorite animation directors. He's on the level of Miyazaki for me. Not with the canon that Miyazaki has, but when I hear a Chomet film is released, I'm GOING to see it. I can't wait to see this. For more photos, click HERE.

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews