Thursday, September 3, 2009

NEW FEATURE: Genre A Month...

I think it's time to bring some new flavor into this site.

So here's the deal. Every month for as long as I can do this, I will be doing a new feature called a Genre a Month. Now, these aren't really genres, at least when I get deeper into it, but none the less, it's going to be fun. I will be taking a film a week, so between four and five films, and posting a review/discussion of the said film. When I get to the final film, I will be posting my thoughts overall, and giving out awards like the major Oscar awards. Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Actor, and Best Director. Also, I will be giving out a special, genre specific award, as the fifth and final award. Yeah, I know this is similar to what Filmspotting does, but I think it will be fun, and hopefully this will be both fun and interesting to you all.

I'm letting you know what is in store for the simple fact that I hope you all play along. Here are the first three genres, and the first five films in the first genre:

September: Horror/Thrillers

1. Repulsion
2. Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari
3. Vampyr
4. Audition
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Now, as you can tell, these are lesser seen films. I've seen all but one, but sure, I could throw in The Shining or The Exorcist, but that wouldn't be much fun, if I was just preaching how brilliant these films are. This will not only be fun for me to talk about these films, but it will hopefully be fun for you all, to HOPEFULLY play along. Here are the next two genres that I will be taking on, and I will be accepting ideas until later notice.

- Anime
- Silent Films

Here's to good films and good times.

Go see something good!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! What era of silent film were you thinking of looking at, by the way? I actually just watched Méliès's "The Impossible Voyage" (1903) earlier today and thought it was pretty enjoyable. Things like that or "The Great Train Robbery" aren't nearly as complex (or as fun to watch, for many people) as something like Chaplin's "The Kid," but they were undoubtedly very important in shaping the course of the film industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at taking one of those first true feature films, and then branching off with more complex ones like say Sunrise. Not quite sure what films yet though.

    ReplyDelete

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews