Friday, September 11, 2009

TRAILER: Antichrist...


Early this week, I was overjoyed to bring you all the newest, and arguably the best one sheet poster for the upcoming controversy sparker from Lars Von Trier, Antichrist. Well, there hasn't been a wide released trailer to really discuss (outside of the several different cuts of an early trailer), until this second. I've had the chance to see this film, and I must say, this is easily the best trailer, or at least the most true to the film style trailer that I've seen.

The trailer sets this film up as a very dark and ballsy film, hell, the trailer starts with a quote from someone saying that it is the most controversial film in the long history of the Cannes Film Festival. It may just be one of the most controversial films I'VE ever seen, but it's also a really amazing piece of cinema, if you are willing to sit through all of the emotional destruction that we see on screen.

I will have my full review of Antichrist at the start of next week, and I must say, I've STILL not only battling with myself over how good I think the film is (it IS a great film, just to what extent) and I'm also battling with myself to forgot these images. Really, if you don't mind being blasted in the face by shocking cinema, like say dead, yet still TALKING foxes and genital mutilation, then I say sit through it. Don't say I didn't warn you though.



Here's the synopsis:

A couple lose their young son when he falls out the window while they have sex in the other room. The mother's grief consigns her to hospital, but her therapist husband brings her home intent on treating her depression himself. To confront her fears they go to stay at their remote cabin in the woods, "Eden", where something untold happened the previous summer. Told in four chapters with a prologue and epilogue, the film details acts of lustful cruelty as the man and woman unfold the darker side of nature outside and within.

Go see something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your number one spot for a daily dose of movie information. From reviews to top 10's to random news and notes, it's all here at I Are Movies.

Total Pageviews